I took Canyon to breakfast and then he helped me pick out the best oil and oil filter. At his house he had me drive up on the ramps which I think was the scariest part. :) Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone Canyon!
Success!
Canyon checked the oil levels and then we were ready. He helped me loosen the bolt since Jiffy Lube puts them on a bit tight and then he talked me through unscrewing it and the oil pouring out. This is me before a bit nervous that hot oil was going to shoot all over me.
And after when I realized it just comes out in a little stream and there was nothing to fear. It was kinda fun just chillin' under my car while the oil poured out. Canyon showed me some other parts of the car, taught me how to cut brake lines if the need ever arises (HA!) and then showed me where the oil filter is.
Canyon did the oil filter this time since he had never changed the oil on my car before and wanted to get familiar with it before teaching me.
Then I put the bolt back on the oil pan, added some oil and we were done! It was so easy! It took about an hour start to finish since he was teaching me but in the future I imagine it will be faster. It was really fun and I look forward to doing it again in 5000 miles!
I expected to get a little dirty but some oil on my thumb was the extent haha I think because Canyon did the messiest part (oil filter)
Pouring the oil in!
No comments:
Post a Comment