Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life now

I love how a job can change you in so many ways.  My job has basically become my life and so today as I laughed to myself about a number of different things I started a facebook status but realized it was far too long so it became a blog post.  


Before now if someone lectured me for an hour on the smell of my hair product while I was helping them do something (or anytime really) I would have probably left feeling a bit annoyed or hurt.  Now?  I just laugh.


Before this job if I saw someone meeting people in parking lots I would think they were probably up to something shady.  Now I am that person but it's paperwork that I'm handing over.


Before now if someone threatened me with a law suit or calling the police I would probably panic.  Now?  I just think "oh well, so and so is having a rough day."


Before now if someone used the phrase "filled 3200 units last month" it would mean nothing to me.  Now?  It means my hard work is slowly paying off.  


Before now I was the employee that lost sleep over a simple statement from a supervisor.  Now I'm on the other side of that.  I'm causing those sleepless nights (by no means on purpose, just like my supervisors never mean for me to lose sleep over something).


Before now I never expected that I would be the type of person to give my whole self to work.  I never thought I would be a "professional".  Now I spend my days working and thinking about work when I'm not working.  Although I am looking for some balance I am really happy that I love my job enough to be in this position.


There are a million other examples of how my job has changed me but we'll just start with that.    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment