I have a few songs that when I hear them they take me back to a very specific time in my life or a memory. The song has an incredible way of bringing back all of the emotions I felt during that time. Do you have any songs that do that for you? I don't necessarily go back to listen to the songs or even remember that those songs will take me back to that time but when I hear it I am taken to a different place. Hey There Delilah is one of them. A lot of people feel like it was played too much (and it was) but I have never gotten sick of it and it always makes me feel warm and happy inside while also feeling a bit of cautious excitement. I don't listen to it much but I love the feelings and memories it brings back when I do hear it.
I don't babble about this for no reason, I babble about this because last night I was driving (as I do often these days) and a song came on and I randomly thought "what if this will be one of those songs someday?" Nothing memorable happened so I have no idea what the song was and probably won't ever remember but it was interesting to me how the mind works and that if something memorable happened in that moment that I would forever remember that song.
This isn't very clearly thought out but I just kept thinking about it and so there it is. I think I just drive too much which gives me too much time to think. Makes me sound crazy!!
yes! I do this all the time. I call them "Time Machine Songs"! :)
ReplyDelete