This is something I have always wanted to do. I wanted to on my last two trips to San Francisco but it didn't work out because it just takes too much time. This trip I really thought it would happen but as Friday and Saturday passed without it and then Sunday started off later than planned leaving us unable to do the drive that morning. I was sad but told myself it wasn't a big deal and to enjoy my day, which I did! After spending the day in the city Kimberly and I met Chris for dinner. We then went to the hotel and Chris told Kimberly that he was taking me for a drive. He knew I needed to escape stresses of the day (work and otherwise) and so I assumed that was how he was going to help me do it. In the car he said, well, obviously we are going to the beach. It wasn't so obvious to me and I almost cried (until Chris threatened me heh heh). We went on a grand adventure to find a beautiful drive and a beach. We drove through wonderfully windy roads until we found a sign for a beach overlook. We decided to check it out. It was better than I could have hoped. My first thought after getting out of my car was "how can I bottle this smell??" I even reached for my camera to try to figure it out. I know, I'm odd, but it was that amazing to me. I kept my window down as we drove back so I could keep inhaling the smell, hoping to never forget it. Chris helped me pinpoint it as a mix of pine and ocean. It was really dark so pictures didn't really turn out but a picture couldn't capture how beautiful it was anyway so I just looked at it. Chris has a picture of me standing in front of the view but I don't have it yet. There is a picture below of my attempt at capturing something. All you really see is the light of the end of a sun set.
After taking it all in we took pictures of each other. As I began to take a picture of Chris he made a noise, I asked what and he said to just take the picture. After I took it he said "now get in the car, there's an animal". We booked it laughing the whole way to the car. I have decided that if I want to actually run a 5K the best way to do it will be to tell me there is an animal behind me. That'll make it happen, and quickly! haha Ah, it was so funny. As we drove out we saw eyes of another animal and saw a fox. We were glad to be in our car but enjoyed a laugh about it.
We drove home and I felt so happy. I knew Chris was exhausted after his workshop but he knew how badly I wanted to make that drive and he made it happen and was so happy and positive about it. Thank you thank you to Chris!! He is the BEST!
the picture from Chris' camera turned out much better
It's amazing I don't look like I'm taking a big whiff of that wonderfully fresh air.
So happy for the gift of this adventure with my best!
No comments:
Post a Comment