Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Dodo

Ok, maybe it is cheating to add something to my 30 before 30 list after doing it but to be honest I did think that I should add it earlier today but haven't had time.  There is this lovely restaurant close to my house called The Dodo.  I've heard a little about it but not a ton.  I've always thought it looked like a great place with a good "feel" to it and wanted to eat there but haven't had the opportunity.  Fast forward to this week, Shandy and Ashley coming to have dinner before Shandy goes to the airport!  What is close to my house, Shandy asks.  Hmm randomly The Dodo came to my mind!  Boy am I glad it did!  We went tonight and it was divine!  I know, maybe a little talkin' it up but seriously as we were eating dessert Ashley said something along the lines of "This is the best thing that I have ever tasted".  And so, I add and mark off something on my list of things to do before I turn 30.  I'm really happy with this and so glad I was able to go with two wonderful friends.  We even got to sit outside which just adds a little something, ya know?

As promised, some pictures of the occasion!!

 We each ordered something and then split it up and shared it.  Shandy got the turkey sandwich, sounds simple enough but it was really delicious!  Ashley got a pulled pork quesadilla and I got the BBQ Beef sandwich.  Everything we ordered had BBQ sauce on it, which the Dodo is famous for.  It was yummy!!  (Oh, and side note, I got a salad and for a girl that isn't crazy about lemon on savory things, that dressing was amazing!  So fresh tasting)
 Ashley and I with chocolate almond mousse pie.  Yummy!!
All three of us!  I love these ladies! 

2 comments:

  1. I love you Beth! Thanks for a fun night of delicious food and amazing company! And that dessert really was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO!!! To it all! Next round...sleepover!

    ReplyDelete