1. Live alone
Done! Lovin' life at the Mansfield Manor! Who knew that living alone could be so fun? I have the very best neighbors!
(Living alone AND my furniture!)
2.Buy my own furniture
Done! I have a lovely couch and loveseat that are comfy and wonderful and all mine!
3. Go on a Full Moon Lift Ride at Sundance-Done!
Can't wait for this! I haven't wanted to do it for years. My options of dates are August 2, 3, 4th or 31st. September 27th, 28th or 29th. Who wants to join me?
4. Lose 50 pounds
10 pounds down!
5. Go on a date.
I left this one pretty broad in case it doesn't happen. Who ever said that taking my niece and nephew out isn't a date? Or going out to dinner with my best friend? :)
6. Get a raise.
Oh man, I don't have much control over this one. I have worked my booty off for it now I just hope to see pay back for all of the hard work.
7. Learn how to change my oil-Done!
I have always wanted to do this. I don't know if it's worth the time or money but it would be fun to learn how to do. Anybody wanna teach me??
8. Learn how to use new spices when cooking
I've been wanting to do this forever. I don't know how to cook with spices and I know there is a whole world out there that I am missing. Any suggestions? Any willing teachers?
9. Eat seafood at Market Street Grill
Yup, that's right, I am a seafood junkie and I have lived in Utah for 11 years and yet I have not had seafood at Market Street Grill. Can't wait for this one. Mmmmm!
10. Run/Walk a 5K.
My friend Camille is doing the Zombie 5K in October. I will probably join her because how fun would it be to run/walk that 5K dressed as a Zombie, chasing after humans? haha!
11. Go star gazing
I haven't gone star gazing in years and it is one of my favorite things. I need to get on that! Summer is quickly slipping away!
12. Create a family book of memories.
I have wanted to do this for years. Collect favorite memories/stories, family recipes, favorite pictures and mash them all together in one book then give one to each of my family members. I should get started!
13. See a play at Tuacahn.
Done and done!! Went to see Hairspray and Aladdin!
(the set of Hairspray at Tuacahn)
(Rockin' the 3D glasses at Aladdin!)
14. Learn how to make risotto-Done!
Random but I had it at my friend Jenny's house and it was sooo good. It might be easy to make but I wanna learn!
15. Take a class/Learn something new
I would ideally take a community education class and learn something new but if it ends up not happening then I will keep that "learn something new" there as a back up. Any ideas on classes I could take??
16. Send a card or letter in the mail each month until I turn 30.
I love getting mail and I think many others do as well! This will be a hard one to remember but I'll do it!
17. Take a roadtrip to somewhere I have never been before.
Come April 3rd if I ask you to drive to Vernal or something, you will know that this one didn't happen.
18. Ride the Heber Creeper for the North Pole Express or their Halloween Haunted Canyon event.
Seems so fun! I think Christmas is my preference.
19. See the leaves changing in the fall in Maryland.
Oh how desperately I want to go to Maryland in the fall. I don't know if it will happen so if I ask you to skype or facetime me and show me some leaves changing, you'll know why. (Gotta keep these things broad ya know)
20. Go to San Francisco again-Done!
This one is a little specific for my liking, makes me nervous. I love San Francisco though, so going again is definitely a goal (and much cheaper than going to Boston which is where I REALLY want to go).
21. Drive along the coast in California-Done
Another specific one...hope I don't let myself down!
22. Do something I wouldn't normally do/Take a risk
If nothing else I will have "signed up for an online dating website" to check this one off. (Yeah, I'm on an online dating site. No success. No one has shown interest except for a 67 year old man who was blocked QUICKLY...creeper.)
23. Go see Wicked!!!-Done!
August 5th!!!!
24. Go to Washington
Clearly I will do this before I turn 30...otherwise I would go 8.5 months without seeing my sister, bro-in-law and babies. I can't handle that!
25. Ride the Mountain Flyer at Snowbird
It looks a little crazy for my liking but hey, if it's on the list I must do it! :)
26. Have real Maryland Crabs or Crabcakes shipped to Utah for my 30th birthday.
I better start saving now! (stealing this idea from my friend Kathy.)
27. Eat at The Dodo-Done!
Yummy!!!
27. Eat at The Dodo-Done!
Yummy!!!
Ok, there we have it! 26 of my 30 things. Give me some input guys!!! Oh, and these are all subject to change! :) Can't wait to start doing these fabulous things. I also hope to take a picture doing as many of these things as I can!!


I love your list... I'd like to help on any of them if I can!
ReplyDeleteRemember when we used to go star gazing on that little hill at Raintree? I love star gazing, it's the best! And creating a book of memories you could use Mixbook, that's the site I use and love! I love your list Bethie! And i'm so proud of you for making a list and tackling it. I only have like four months until I turn 30, so I better not make such a list! Love you and I wish we were going to Boston together.
ReplyDeleteI'm in for the Full Moon Lift or the trip to Vernal (I could even make it super fun with all sorts of crazy local stuff). Easily. Shell fish make my lips tingle so I'd have to go for salmon or something like that. I think you are a rockstar. No contest.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete