Two weeks ago Chris mentioned that I should go to San Francisco with him in a few weeks since he was already going, had a hotel room, etc. I said it was too soon and I couldn't make it work. I mentioned it in passing to my friend that I went with in February and she said that we should do it and it all came together! I'm so glad I got to go for many reasons. It was so fun to go to the city, I loved that I got to mark something off my list, I always have so much fun with Chris in the evenings after his workshop and that was true for this trip as well, and I got a small break.
My friend and I went on a few tours, a boat tour and then a Classic Trolley tour. The boat tour was fun, we got to see a lot but it was pretty generic. The trolley tour was fabulous. Our tour driver knows the city sooo well and he showed us more than just the touristy part of the city. I loved seeing the real city. Seeing the restaurants where locals eat instead of the large crowded areas with people carrying cameras around. (Yeah, I'm one of those people but I love to see what it's like to live there and I know if the locals go somewhere it must be good.) We skipped the Golden Gate Bridge overlook and instead our driver took us to an amazing little fort, tons of open parking spaces and the most gorgeous view of the Golden Gate Bridge. I love the bridge. I don't know what it is about it but I could take pictures of it forever. The tour guide was great. He was funny, informative and made it a unique experience. I could go on and on but I won't.
During my visit I went to the Golden Gate Bridge, Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, the beach to see the coast (more on the next post about that), and I found an artist that I bought a print from in February as a gift for Chris. I regretted not buying one for myself almost instantly and have wanted to go find him ever since. We decided to give it a shot and we found him on the first day!!! I was SO happy. There is a picture of the paintings below. He was so happy to hear that we were trying to find him. He was a really kind and humble man.
In the evenings we took the BART back to Concord where our hotel was and spent time with Chris. The first night our friend went out with a friend that lives close by so Chris and I went to dinner and then I watched the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics (and was teased for how much I loved it). The second night we went to dinner and then came home and hit the sack. We were all exhausted. The last night we went to dinner and then went on an adventure! Overall it was a great trip and I am so grateful that it was possible. I'm so grateful that Chris was willing to share his room with us and that Kimberly came along to help with costs.
I posted most of the pictures on facebook but here are a few.
Awesome head sets on our boat tour.
Beautiful bridge
Dinner at Claim Jumper It looks like Chris is just humoring me but I think he really does like to be in my presence once in awhile. ;)
Ah, to ride a cable car someday!!
Gorgeous view. The fog was so perfect.
The prints that I waited 6 months for.
I love the prints. You have excellent taste. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. You deserved it!
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Sassy